rasheed
mmm babaghanouj.

Bikes: 2003 norco fluid 3.0, 2016 Intense Tracer 275C Expert

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DjRider04
Exactly. IH isnt a boutique bike, its a cheap bike....and in no way should be compared to MC, SC, Ventana, Yeti, and so on. You cant make cheap bikes, the just pull out this new one, and charge boutique prices. Hell....5k could get me a Foes!
i wouldn't exactly call IH's bikes cheap. they were making quality bikes with good specs and selling them for cheap.

btw, here's the thread from rm talking about ironhorse pricing: clicky clicky

some of comments regarding what's been mentioned of the high price for the sunday world cup, as well as some of the other comments posted:

- the price i mentioned is for their "world cup" bike, the top model available for the sunday. the sunday team should be relatively cheaper.

- the new 2005 line up, particularly the bikes they've shown to the public (see the thread on the 2005 ironhorses) are sporting their own new linkage system and no longer licensing the horst link from specialized, which raises their cost of production.

- the budget line up's got some single pivots... ok. they might not be the best linage designs, but personally, i think the bikes look pretty good and are spec'd pretty well too. and according to what skatodd said on rm, the yakuza kumicho's gonna retail for approximately $2000. sounds pretty good to me. if i ever decide to get into dh, and can afford another bike and still be able to keep my current ride (the fluid), i'd consider the kumicho for sure... then just upgrade parts as i get the money.

btw, this is the yakuza kumicho: