andrelam

Bikes: Gerry Fisher Nirvana, LeMond Buenos Aires

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sumguy
s<SNIP>
andrelam thanks for the foxwear link. will decide between J&G, showers pass and foxwear within the next week or so.
I can't speak to any J&G coats, but I can tell you that I use the J&G pants the enire winter. These are great rain pants. I bought them because the cheap ($15 rain pants) tore after only a few uses. The J&G paints I bought the replace them only cost around $40 and I ended up using them the ENTIRE winter. There is still no sign of wear and tear in the croth area (where my other ones ripped). I probably should have upgraded to the more breathable kind, but figured for rain use, the breathable feature is pretty much a moot point. I ended up wearing the rain pants over my Illuminite Tights once the temps dropped well below 40F. I once rode without the rain pants on with 18F outside. Certain critical body parts got way too cold. The stuff from J&G is well made and for the money is was a MUCH better deal than the "cheap" pants... live and learn. As I stated in my previous message, now that I have made it through my 1st Winter I can easily justify buying a good set of Winter pants. The foxwear pants will breath much nicer than the rain pants and are pretty well water proof as well. As a side note, I would wear the E-Vap coat in heavy snow as well and stay prefectly dry. I could not believe how water resistant that fleece is. It doesn't like like it would repell, but it works great. Even in light rain I've been fine.

Happy riding,
André