View Single Post
Old 04-08-08, 01:25 PM
gfrance

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andre nickatina
Last pic looks very ideal for long road rides, set up like most road bikes I see in terms of bar-saddle drop.

But yeah you're right about frame fit being more important than just a TT length. It's TT length, ST length, angles of HT and ST... and probably more **** than I care to think about. Multifaceted for sure.

Well, judging further on the first pic, your post does look a bit too far out of the frame to be considered the proper frame size for you, by 2 or 3cm I'd say. So you have long legs and a short torso or what?
Good observation on all counts. Yes, I basically changed the whole thing from trackish set up to complete road, even going single speed over fixed (knee issues). And keep in mind, the IRO frames have a lot of seat tube above the top tube, so that first pic would be even more extreme if the frame were more 'normal' (and the bottom pic would look less short of a seat post as well). But to be honest I don't know my proportions--whether I'm long legged or short torso or whatever. I have a good road bike set up professionally fitted, and I have basically tried to mimic my IRO to that. It's working finally now.