View Single Post
Old 10-01-04, 09:41 AM
Patch29

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
I recently finished building my new touring bike and I chose several items that added to its reflectivity.

Cinelli LUX bar tape.
Schalwabe Marathon tires with reflective material on tire wall.
Arkel panniers with built in reflective material, more when the F&R panniers are on.
I also use the Shimano 324 pedal, clipless on one side, standard platform on the other, they have the orange reflectors on them. They are nice if you need to hop on quickly without biking shoes.

Here is a quick shot from the side in the dark.

It was recommended to me to cut little reflective strips and place a few inside the rims, that spaced out well they look like they are flashing while spinning. I have a lot of 3M DOT rated reflective material, I may cut out some white portions and put it on, it can't hurt at night.

I am also looking for gloves and jerseys that have reflective piping/material built in. My current jersey is bright yellow, but very little (almost no) reflective material. My full gloves have a bit of reflective, but it would be nice if I could find a glove with more to help with hand signals at night. Any recommendations would be appreciated.