sahadev
Still moving forward.

Bikes: BF NWT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sigh!! Time to sell my modded R20...

As some of you know I recently completed building out a Raleigh Twenty (pics here). It was great fun and IMHO the bike turned out well.

Unfortunately, having been unemployed for many months now, I need to sell this bike to pay a bill or two. It has been a great experience, one I will repeat in the future, but now it is time to find a new home for it.

The big question for me is, "What is it worth?" How do you price something like this? I have put a fair amount of money into it, but I do not really expect to recoup those expenses. I have never seen any bikes for sale with which to compare it. So I thought I would ask the knowledgeable folks here at the Folding Forum for their opinion and input.

Here are the specs:
Frame - 1974, everything replaced except folding bolt and nut; kickstand, chainguard clip and steering limiter removed; spray can enamel green and black, Nason clear coat
Rear wheel - SA8 hub (new) laced into BMX rim(used), 20x1.5 Kenda Kwest tire(used), tube(used)
Front wheel - Wheel hand built by Fleming w/ QR(new), 20x1.5 Schwalbe Marathon(new), tube(new)
BB - Shimano UN-72 68x113(used), Phil Wood retaining cups(new)
Crankset – CPI alloy 46T 175mm(new)
Pedals - System 1(inexpensive, used)
Chain - SRAM 1/8"x1/2"(new)
Brakes - Nashbar dual-pivot caliper(new) mounted on homemade drop bolt on rear w/ MTB lever(used), Tektro V-brake on front w/ own lever(used)
Cables - Jagwire(new)
Fork - Sun EZ Sport 20" recumbent fork(new)
Headset - Cane Creek S2(new)
Stem - Zoom, adjustable angle(new)
Bars - Flat bar(used) w/ bar ends if wanted
Seatpost - Kalloy 400mm(new)
Saddle - Foam/gel(definitely used!!)

What do you think? What could/should I sell it for? The sales venues that I have envisioned would be - this forum, Craigslist, eBay. Any others that I haven't thought of? More pics can be taken if needed. Any and all input and suggestions would be welcome.