Old 10-01-04, 10:14 AM
SipperPhoto
The Cycling Photographer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom Fangrow
Hi Jeff, I probably will check them out eventually. I have ridden twice with BCI, and found out that OCRR broke away from BCI about 6 years ago. I saw on the OCRR website that the ride coordinator was stepping down/asking for help. Is he the driving force in the club? How are things going in the club these days? How many people show up for rides on Saturday mornings? Which route/group do you usually ride with? Maybe I'll run into you there soon.
Tom

Hi Tom,

I rode with BCI a few times before I discovered OCRR about a year and a half ago. Jess, the "benevolent dictator" has decided in the past month or so to delegate authority to other people. So now another guy name Rick is taking over, with riders stepping up and becoming ride leaders every weekend... It takes a lot of the stress off of Jess, as he seems to be a guy who likes to try and do everything.

But, overall, the club is strong. We have a pretty good turnout every weekend. Last Saturday I rode from Irvine to Long Beach with them, and there were probably 40-50 people that showed up. I like it because there are fast people in the group, as well as slow people, and a lot of people in between (like me)... I usually make the mistake of trying to keep up with the fast guys, and blowing up too soon... but I always have a good time.

If you wanna swing by next Saturday, I will be the ride leader for the 9am rides. Unless something changes we should be heading out to the Starbucks in the Orange Circle. I usually ride the blue or green routes, depending on how I'm feeling, and how many hills are on the route :-)

But definitely swing by and check us out... If you do come out next weekend, I'll be the guy with the Red and Black Lemond, standing near a Blue Ford F-150 Pickup. Stop over and say HI :-)

see ya around

Jeff