View Single Post
Old 04-09-08, 02:44 PM
AEO

Bikes: Bianchi, Miyata, Dahon, Rossin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
1. I assume left because it's a UK book?
I would only keep to the edge of the road if a) there was already 1m of room to run off into and b) it's a 2-lane with shared turning center lane.
2. You can stagger line on most roads, which is what motorcyclists do (or, at least that's what was in the guide book).
3. Agreed playing leapfrog with cars is not my cup of tea. But this is situational. In the city I can totally pass cars and not worry about them catching up. Out of city I will totally get passed by cars and I won't see them again.
4. While I agree with riding predictably, some drivers still insist on passing you in the same lane on a 4-lane wide road even when you're going down dead center, swerving a bit would make them go around wider and give you room. Totally agree with signaling when possible.
5. Not an option in some places if you want to get up to 35~50km/h on your bike without having to stop constantly.
6. Who does that...
7. Wave them through? Some hand signals are misinterpreted and are the cause of accidents.
8. I already do this, but some just don't seem to get the message.