Old 04-10-08, 10:24 AM
Butcher

Bikes: 2005 S-Works SR Equipped,1978 Tom Ritchie Road bike, Kuwahara Tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by TandemGeek
Probably the nicest looking Kuwahara I've ever seen.

Just an observation / question: Did you check with the folks at Easton's tech dept. regarding the design limits of your particular model of Velomax wheels relative to the use on a tandem? Spoke count and rims look adequate; however, I'd want to be sure the rear hub guts / axle is strong enough for your combined weight and combined power output and that the radially spoked front hub flange is also adequate for your total weight.
Thanks for the comments. You have been probably the most helpfull of all. You may not know how much you have helped other in their posts but all the others that read the posts [I have read all the tandem topics to gather all the information I wanted, and it is all there].
The wheels were won on eBay and are spaced at 145mm. The previous owners were Comotion for their display tandem bike. I did not check with Easton but I did not question it from Comotion. I did check with Easton to see if they can change it to a Campagnolo freehub and they said only the newer Tempest II can be changed.
Again, from all of us that never have said thanks, THANK YOU Tandemgeek.