View Single Post
Old 04-13-08, 08:42 AM
pollypocket

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Tedi,

Nice to know that I you're also commuting by bike. I am sort of a newbie, an started be cause I was sick of the traffic here in Jakarta and can't cope with the public transport . I live in Jatiwaringin and my office is at Plaza Permata in Thamrin .. Previously used drive my car and get my missus to go along with me so she can drive it back home after dropping me at off Wisma Nusantara as she would need to car to go to UI at Depok later.
Last July got my self a Kona Dew Deluxe from Rodalink and started to use it frequently to the office. I didn't know about sepedaku.com at that time... otherwise I would saved some money getting a bike from one from the members. I am now a registered member of sepedaku.com with the same user name. Usually just browsing for news and fantasizing on getting another bike ... especially these days dreaming of a foldie..

So far my odo records 1290 km but guess actual milage clocked on my bike would I around 1800 km as didn't have any trip meter earlier. Based on these figures would have already done around 50 trips home - office- home.

Took a break during the last Ramadhan and it was quite difficult to get back and I was only able to start again recently because I was put off by the wet season.

Haven't been in contact with any members of b2w on my rides or over the net. This may be more because of the timing difference of my trips.

My ride to office is 19 km using the following route
curug indah compound (leave home @ 5:40) - jatiwaringin raya - kalimalang raya - cipinang indah - pwi compound - kebon nanas - kp melayu flyover - bukit duri tanjakan - 8 high school - manggarai train station - tambak - proklamasi - mangunsarkoro - sunda kelapa mosque - suropati park - old persija park - moh yamin... finally touch base at wisma nusantara (reach there at 6:30).

Overall I find cycling as very relaxing so I need to stay focused to keep it up...My biggest handicap to continue riding seems to be the work hours at my office. Most days I could only leave work close to 20:00 and following the same general route back would take me 1hour+ arriving only after 21:00.

It seems to be an arkward to be riding in to the housing compound at these sort of hours....

You mentioned that your taking your bike on the train so .. would you be using a foldie...

Thinking of getting one for my self so for those late evenings from work I could be able bring it back and take a cab instead.

Kindly share your stories with me.
Best regards, pp