Old 04-13-08, 07:28 PM
Cadfael

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A skull cap worn under the helmet is a good solution, because you are not covering the air vents you still have cooling, they will also keep you reasonably dry. I have the Bonehead Hat from Polaris, it will also keep your ears nice and warm on those cold mornings.

I pass one bloke every night on my way to work. We never speak but we do raise a hand in greeting, he is in full hard-core kit, and his bike is a full suspension Marin that must have cost him a fortune... but there is no snobbishness in him because he will still acknowledge me on my sub £200 Raleigh.

Edited to add...

2) Watery eyes. In the morning when its still 20 degree my eyes get all watery from the cold wind. Are there special glasses or goggles I should get.
Yep, there are a lot of specs and goggles you can buy to stop streaming eyes, I suffer from watering eyes even on the warmest days. But don't be fooled into paying a fortune. You may see some hi end specs that are guaranteed not to mist, be super light, be held firmly in place, look ultra trendy and have wonderfull polychromatic lenses that will either enhance night vision (amber), or reduce UV... and will be expected to pay around £100 ($197 US) for... but you are paying for labels.

But if you are savvy you can find specs with the same features from Workplace Safety Stores for around £10 ($20 US)... and in some cases you would be hard pressed to tell the difference... safety specs can be very fashionable looking.

http://www.arco.co.uk/products/3C3300/121175/

Last edited by Cadfael; 04-13-08 at 07:48 PM.