View Single Post
Old 04-15-08, 08:29 AM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by maddmaxx
In the summer we get up to 95 or a 100 deg perhaps 5 or 6 times a year. It usually stays in the upper 80's though. I have a set of very brightly colored jerseys for riding the road (orange, green, yellow, red). Many of us just get wicking fabric sports jersey's in the dept stores like Kohls or Target or even "ghasppppp" Wallmart. Most of those can be bought for $15 to $20 especially when on sale.
$15-$20 is on the high side for these jerseys. I own at least 6 or 7 of them, getting 4 of them for $5 each on a year-end closeout. They're great jerseys, as long as you don't need a back pocket - which are useless when riding a recumbent. I really like the Champion C9 jerseys from Target.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post