View Single Post
Old 04-15-08, 07:16 PM
timmreck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don't mean to completely hijack the thread, but i have another question for owners of the aforementioned rack... or anybody really...

I noticed that the jandd extreme lowrider position isn't quite as low as a normal lowrider. Does this make much of a difference in practice as far as stability and handling? Also, with all this talk about the wobbly-ness of this rack, do you think any similarly priced lowrider racks would be more secure and stable? I think i would be perfectly happy with a simple lowrider, but i figured i might as well throw in for the top shelf thing if there aren't any disadvantages in having it. Oh and one more thing, how much work would it take to strip the powdercoating from any of these racks??

Also, if i can find a rack made in the US, i'll probably buy it regardless of the style. Does anybody know of companies that actually manufacture their racks here? I asked Old man mountain and they told me that only their cold springs rack was made here. I also really don't like buying new things, and front racks don't appear on ebay very often, so if anybody has any they'd like to sell or trade let me know.

Whatever it is i end up buying, it will be fitted onto a centurion elite gt of a similar vintage as the specialized. 1984 i think. I'm interested in hearing if and how your guys' wobbly-ness actually makes any difference once the rack is up and loaded.