View Single Post
Old 04-16-08, 05:14 AM
realway

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Any over 70's out there?

I spend a lot of time lurking in this over 50's group and wonder if there are any other geriatrics like myself who enjoy some time on their push bike. I currently am riding a new Shogun Mach 2 with a few extras such as clipless pedals, a Sigma cadence reading computer and so forth. I live in Port Stephens which is about 50 kms north of Newcastle in New South Wales, Australia. Mainly local rides but have just started a bike riding group with our local Rotary Club. Average age of our members is over 65 and we were hoping that, rather than start a recruiting drive for new members, we may be able to cause a few of our current fellows to live a little longer!

I had heart surgery about 15 years ago and am currently on lipex blood pressure pills and a statin for cholesterol but have cut the dose of the latter back considerably due to leg pain which was not related to bike riding. I found that the exercise is keeping my LDL's down anyway.

I am trying to ride at least 100 kms per week at the moment and hope to increase this to around 150 by the end of the year. I am 6'2" and weigh about 94 kilos. Used to be a farmer and then a Real Estate Agent, now retired and spend my time cycling, sailing and fishing!

Hope to hear from a few fellow over 70's

Cheers

John.