Old 04-16-08, 08:12 PM
leftovers

Bikes: carcus of a Trek 640, fixed Schwinn Premis, Raleigh Super Course

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
oye...
it's good to hear someone else has had this problem. i felt absolutely crazy measuring seatpost rails on all the saddles in the entire apt.
i can't get a seated picture right at this moment, my camera is on the fritz.

but the top tube is 21" btw.

could someone explain the difference between a set back seatpost and a layback seatpost? i've looked them both up and they look as though they'd be useful (although that one bwgride just posted, looks INSANE..but 50mm? that's enough). And this is more setback than the regular Laprade seatpost you get on all the bikes...???

if all this is so then i'll get a seat post with an extra 25mm setback than a standard seat post, i think i'll give that a go.

as for Bacciagalupe, belive me that has crossed my mind. i've fantasized about just getting a Rivendelle since they seem to be set up a little better for my touring posture, and they're a sight for sore eyes. but i've been working on building up this bike for awhile now and i JUST got to start riding it!!! so i'm not ready to give up. even though i have encountered a need to build up a smaller wheelset because the 27 inchers won't clear fenders. whew! but i'm up for a build. someday though, i swear i'm getting a custom frame and building it up. it's only now (3rd real bike into it) that i realize i have very particular fitting demands. in addition, if i can get that extra inch, i know i'm gravy. thanks. :-)

treebound: that list is thoroughly helpful (the two top nashbar links were giving me grief though) the closest bike shop to me only suggested a longer stem, they didn't mention anything about set backs. however i bet if i hit Rapid Transit near my work they'll be able offer some up. i have to get them back the fenders anyways. otherwise i'm from wisconsin and should be heading up there sometime soon. it'd be good to know a shop in milwaukee since i pass through there. otherwise if its Yellow Jersey in Madison for me.

Rest assured when this whole saddle ordeal is over, i will have to post the bike in it's final stage, as i does clean up real nice.
I'll try to get a seated posture picture tomorrow and the bike as is. if it'll help still.

you all have been mounds of help!!!

Last edited by leftovers; 04-16-08 at 08:41 PM. Reason: didn't finish!