Old 04-17-08, 04:41 PM
markhr
POWERCRANK addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sixty Fiver
I can still bench press a truck and hamstring curl much more than my weight... the riding is good as it keeps the hip stable (laterally) as it's that outer rotation that puts pressure on the nerve and cycling and weights have kept those muscles nicely toned up.

I should be starting a new stint in rehab / physio and while I was there I was really working on maintaining my upper body strength and doing massive amounts of stretching and core exercises.

I think I have posted a gazillion images of my "rehab" bike already but once again... (as if anyone could have missed it)... it really is too much fun blowing by people on a bike with 20 inch wheels and drop bars as when the legs are working I am still an animal on a bike.

The endorphins you generate while riding don't hurt either.

[.IMG]http://www.ravingbikefiend.com/bikepics/forrestfixed6.jpg[/IMG]
Cool, glad to hear you've not neglected the strength training. Well good luck again, sorry I couldn't recommend anything specific.

It's always funny passing people on a bike that doesn't fit the "average" size/shape, even funnier with both feet in sync doing dolphin kicks on the powercranks (intense ab workout).
Don't run red lights, wear a helmet, use hand signals, get some cycle lights(front and rear) and, FFS, don't run red lights!