View Single Post
Old 04-17-08, 06:59 PM
Beverly
Senior Member ??

Bikes: 2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520 - 2014 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Louis
Congratulations...I think.

Large companies are cold blooded, they'll kill you and eat your babies without flinching. I feel bad for those folks who are nearing retirement when they are cut loose. I would think that from now until October it's going to be hard to maintain a professional attitude.

It's good that you're cycling a lot. Keep riding and say hello to my DCC friends for me.
Congratulations are in order

It's going to be tough for those who took the news hard to sit there and train someone else for their job. I don't think I'll have too much trouble as I can't wait to get out of there. I turned 65 in January and will be eligible for full retirement in January 2008. It couldn't have come at a better time for me. I'll be retiring three months early with a nice severance package as a retirement gift.

I've already told my manager he better send me one that's smart and speaks English with a Midwestern accent because I'm old, cranky and hard of hearing. If I can't cram my thirteen years of system knowledge into their head I'll simply have to find other body openings

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
-- Antonio Smith