View Single Post
Old 04-18-08, 08:08 AM
strangeseraph

Bikes: None Yet! Soon To Purchase

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We have three elevators in my building, and we HAVE to keep our bikes in our apartment, we have lots of closet storage space for that. Don't know about the basement parking lot, whether or not it has bike racks, but I'd feel more secure keeping my bike on my back balcony then in a parking lot that anybody in my building (and pretty much the whole community) can access.

I'm in Windsor, Ontario. Big industrial border city, but besides the big highways that are close to my building, and the smog, I also have the second largest parkland in the city right in my neighbourhood and am really close to one of the biggest bike trails. Also Windsor, despite being a big traffic congested city, also has a great network of bike trails, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parks_i...io#Bike_Trails Windsor is planning to try and connect all the bike trails together someway in a continuous network and I think this is great for bikers, since there's so much industrial traffic you can't really enjoy recreational biking on the highways, but the trails are awesome!

Gah! Talking about this makes me want a bike really badly now. Good thing I have to wait until next month, which is incidentally my birthday month too. Also, another facet to me not being able to get this bike is that sport chek is an hour bus ride across town for me to get to, so no use buying my bike way on the other side of the city and not having a way to get it back other than the bus system. LOL!