Old 04-18-08, 02:19 PM
jpmartineau

Bikes: 2008 Surly LHT complete & 1988-ish fuglyfixed Specialized RockHopper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yay!

It's done, just came back from the bike shop!

I had my heart set on the olive green with the black brooks B17. I finally changed my mind in the store and opted for the utility blue and a honey B17 special Saddle. Now, all I need to do is wait one week...

I actually got the last blue 56cm they had at the warehouse. Apparently that the distributor didn't order enough bikes to supply the demand. I got it at Yéti in Montreal. Surly lists 3 dealers in the city but only Yéti had the bikes in stock (and in the showroom). If you're in Montreal and are planning to get a LHT, don't wait too long...

I decided to go with the stock gearing. My old rig had a 28t in the front and a 26t in the rear. Having a 26t in front and a 34t in the back is already a HUGE improvement and should fit the bill as I almost always ride rail to trail conversions.

I ended up getting the stock-equipped bike, I managed to ignore all of your comments, but I did consider all of them! Well, that's not entirely true because Speedo suggested the color scheme I ended up buying!

Happy trails!