Old 04-19-08, 03:07 AM
mulleady
The Metropolis, UK

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sammyboy
It seems ok - haven't got the adjustment 100% yet. I'm more of an internal hub fan for bikes like this, and I'll be looking to score a Mini and/or an FS 8H when they become available here. This is a great bike purely for riding though, rather than commuting and carrying - really fun. If I was going to upgrade anything, I'd be putting on a bigger chainring though - on the whole ride, I never got below 4th, and to be honest, I could've stayed in 5th, but I spun out too easily in top. It limited my ability to chase down carbon roadies, and I resent that!
Sammyboy I have both the Downtube FS and the Downtube VIIIH. Yes the hub gears are great. I find the JuJu gears are perfectly good when tuned but as SB correctly says, they are geared somewhat on the low side. My H was geared on the high side but I had the rear cog changed and that made the gearing range absolutely perfect.

I might be selling my H when I get the Brompton on the Cycle to Work scheme though if you are interested. Can't afford to have 3 folders as much as I like both my Downtubes