ericy
Señor Member

Bikes: Giant OCR2, Trek DS 8.3

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by brandonsdad02
I need some help figuring out what is the best computer for my bike. I currently have a Cateye Mity 8. It was worked well but there is something wrong with the wire. It will sometimes just stop working and I will have to screw around with the wire sometimes. I bought this new last year and is was worked great until now. Im thinking about going with something wireless. Please what are your thoughts on this what are some good computers to look at. I'm not needing anything that has heart rate, or cadence.
FWIW, I have a cheapie Cateye Astral 8 - the only beef that I have with it is that you can't reset the odometer to the correct value when you change the battery. Mine has the wires - every so often I have to fiddle with the sensors if they get knocked a bit to keep them close enough to the little magnet. Other than that it works fine for me. If I had to do it over again, I would shop for a better model that would let me set the odometer.

I vaguely recall hearing that some models of wireless computer have troubles with certain types of headlights (HID?) that apparently cause a lot of electrical interference. If you don't use that type of headlight and you don't plan to in the future, then this is obviously a non-issue.