Old 10-05-04, 04:55 PM
sukispop
Errand Boy for my girls

Bikes: Greenspeed GTO 20/20 trike, Rans Fusion(semi-recumbent bike), Burley Django recumbent, Marin Larkspur city bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiliDog
Hey, Geoff, did you go for that Tour Easy?
Hi ChiliDog,

No, I couldn't get a hold of the guy...I tried calling him a couple of times, but no answer and no machine to leave a message.

But, that's okay, because I drove the 70 miles to my "local" bent shop. I test rode a Stratus, a V2, and a Jett Creek.

All three were cool in their own way. The V2 was very efficient, a great climber and handler...but I didn't care for the higher bb, especially when trying to launch the bike on a slight uphill grade. The Jett Creek was supremely stable, great at turns, fairly comfortable(but not as comfortable as the Rans' products)...but slow on hills. Trying to make it up a slight hill with all three bikes in the same gear--the V2 was the winner, making it up easily, the Stratus also did quite well, but the Jett Creek just seemed to make me work harder to get up that hill.

In the end, the Stratus was just an awesome ride for me, personally. Everything just fit me right. I had to play around with the seat adjustments for awhile, but once I got it right, that was it! The Stratus clicked for me the same way(I think) that your Tour Easy clicked for you, CD! I've never been a big fan of the color green(no offense, green color lovers! ), but the '04 Stratus comes in this "Emerald Black" with aqua flecks that sparkle with the sunlight---what can I say? Gorgeous....

I recently sold my GTO(long story...but good ending), got back what I paid for it, and got to thinking of how cool it would be to have a Stratus! After test riding the three bikes, my feelings for the Stratus were confirmed...and since the shop owner offered me a good deal on it, I bought it! (it wasn't my birthday...it just felt like it!!!)

Last edited by sukispop; 10-05-04 at 05:01 PM.