nigelme
Lonesome No More

Bikes: Downtube IX FS, Brompton M6 LX, Moulton, Dahon HG7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PerpetualT

I think the Hammerhead 7.0 is a great bike, and a worthy compromise to the bike I initially had considered, namely the Pashley Moulton TSR30.

I will post some pictures of the bike once it has been delivered. I cannot wait to take it for a spin around the cycletrack of Hyde Park!
I bought a Hammerhead 7.0 a month ago from Winstanley - It's great fun and really encourages speed. Being an internet purchase it did require being set up, including grease in all parts. Unfortunately a small grommet that the front forks sit on was missing - Winstanley were a bit disinterested so I e-mailed Fisher (Dahon importer for England) and Mat Clark sent me the bit post haste - Full marks to him for customer service (I don't say that often)

For me, the highlights of the bike are the shifters and the I-beam saddle which I'd always thought was more of a gimmick but works well. The Schwalbe Stelvio 28-406 are super fast but of course give no cushioning - They are great on good tarmac. The brakes aren't great.

I also have a Pashley Moulton, which is a different beast entirely - Slightly heavier but more solid. I tour with a Moulton but wouldn't on the Hammerhead (it has no braze-ons for a rack). Then again that's not what this machines for. If like me you're totally sold on 20" wheels and want a racer then this is an absolute bargain - The seatpost, wheels and the haddlebar/riser can be removed in no time to reduce the Hammerhead down to more compact than my Downtube IX.

Let's all get one, meet up in Hyde Park and take on the Lycra-Lads!