Old 04-25-08, 01:07 AM
that_kid_kris

Bikes: Guerciotti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skyrider
Nice bike,looks all original, doesnt need much, I would go black bar tape black seat, a good cleaning and lube and your good. Various ways and products to clean the chrome. Do a search, others will make recommendations. Congratulations enjoy the ride. Looks like 80 to 85 model year.
it's all original down to the nisi rims. it had the original tubulars as well, i forget the company. but the bike was all italian.
the general consensus seemed to be just to clean and lube it and leave the rest alone. so i did that. i put some black cloth tape on and mounted new hutchinson carbon comp tubulars. i called around the area and nobody had or could find any gipiemme brake hoods. so i threw on some black dia compes just because they're a good general fit. now i have to get a black seat.
i was thinking that it was around 80-85. i think its from 83. that's my best guess. i saw two other guerciottis in the local shop, but they had cyclocross frames made by alan. the decals on them are the same as the ones on mine and every other guerciotti i've seen has different decals. so my guess is that since there are only two guerciotti's that i've seen with the same decals as mine, its probably from around the same time as those.

and thanks for the advice about chrome.