View Single Post
Old 04-25-08, 04:29 AM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1856 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Originally Posted by ticwanos
I don't have specific experience with this program, but just looking at what was presented on your link it doesn't look to be significantly different from umpteen other exercise and nutrition programs that are available, many for free at your local library or available for much, much less elsewhere. I am very leery of the bottom line (expensive!) and hawking nutritional supplements (more ongoing expenses!), but I'm a skeptic by nature. A nutrition and exercise program I have found helpful is the Abs Diet from Men's Health/Rodale (again, available in book form at your local library). I am a believer of a varied balanced, moderate diet combined with vigorous, varied, regular exercise. If you want a starter online program for core strengthening, try this link that I found on BF some time back --
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cm...?articleid=486
-- this or something like it will definitely tweak the core if you do it regularly (and its free.) Do your own research and try different things (don't get in a rut! Mix it up and keep your body surprised.) You'll find what's best for you. And of course, ride, ride, ride!
p.s. to paraphrase: Eat food, mostly vegetables, not much
I agree in principle, ticwanos, especially since a lot of Cylocore stuff seems to have been put into Bicycling's fitness articles. But motivation is a major factor in exercise, and sometimes signing up is what gets a person moving.

Great link, thanks!

Road Fan