View Single Post
Old 04-25-08, 10:02 AM
foamy

Bikes: Trek 630 • Jamis Quest • Bilenky Tourlite and various others

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You'll have fun for sure. There are no hills to speak of so if you want to make time, you can. Starting from Kent Island, stay on the side roads. Do not ride on Rt. 50. On Memorial Day weekend, traffic will be murder. I would not recommend it in any event. On your way down, there is one short stretch past Wye Mills where you are going to have to ride it, but it's only a few hundred yards. You'll cross Rt. 50 a couple of times to stay on the back roads—it's not a problem. If you were leaving sooner, I'd put you up as I live in a town ten miles from (and much nicer than) Cambridge. As it is, I'll be gone on the TA by then. stahpj1 and –holiday76 have given you some good advice. St. Mike's and Oxford are where I sail out of and hang out. St. Mike's is touristy, but very nice and Oxford is quaint and sleepy and a place I would live in if I could afford it.

If you'd like, PM me with a mailing address and I'll send you a map with the best route (scenery, roads and mileage) to Ocean City and for getting out of K.I., as well as suggestions for the best roads, restaurants, stops, etc. It'd be a pleasure. This is the Land of Pleasant Living. I'm sure you're going to enjoy it.

Last edited by foamy; 04-25-08 at 10:24 AM.