View Single Post
Old 04-28-08, 04:24 AM
crisi13

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by knobster
No experience with the Speedplay, but have a few years with the Shimano/Look style pedals. I never have a problem with them on shorter rides, but anything over 80 miles and I would really have issues unclipping. I switched to Crank Brother Quatro pedals and wouldn't even think of using anything else now. I also switched from road shoes to mountain bike shoes for the comfort of being able to walk around normally. I have other models on my other bikes which allows me to use whatever shoes I like on any bike. Very nice. I have a pair of Keen commuter sandals that have these cleats on them so I can use them on any bike as well. They are VERY easy to clip in and out and I haven't had a problem getting hung up in them, even in a panic. I haven't found a drawback to them yet.

Edit: The reason I have problem with Shimano/Look pedals is after riding for a long ride, I get tired and the pedals get difficult for me to get out of. Never have that problem with the Crank Bros.
This is actually the setup that I'm considering changing to. I read a lot about the Crank Bros. Pedals last night and everyone seems to like them. I'm probably going to go with mtb shoes and either the Candy or Quattro. I do realize that 99.9% of the problem is me...but I think I will feel more comfortable with mtb shoes and some type of platform. Thanks!