View Single Post
Old 04-28-08, 09:52 AM
specbill
Riding Heaven's Highwayson the grand tour

Bikes: '10 C'Dale Tandem RT2. '07 Trek Tandem T2000, '10 Epic Marathon MTB, '12 Rocky Mountain Element 950 MTB, '95 C'dale R900, "04 Giant DS 2 '07 Kona Jake the Snake, '95 Nishiki Backroads

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks everyone ! Great thread on a popular subject..great info in a condensed version....this is one reason I love this forum. FWIW I went through the same decision making process this past winter on our upgrade project. After much research, alot of it here but sourced through many different archived threads I ended up converting from barcoms to STI and went with: TA's in place of the noodles front and rear, Avid SD 7 V's with CW2 pads. A 1000 miles later and riding in a quite hilly area, I could not be happier...great stoping power, outstanding feel and resonable wear to date. I set up the TA's exactly as directed and they have been flawless.
While this route worked great for me that is not to say that a canti solution would have been any less satisfactory...like many other things on our bikes, there our often multiple ways to accomplish our goals....chasing the options and executing the choosen one properly is a lot of the fun. Thanks again
Bill J.