celticfrost
Raising the Abyss

Bikes: Expensive ones that I ride slowly

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Chezhoff
Try this on for size...Deer Trail Road Race today. On the out and backs to Lowland and Agate we had a huge tailwind and we cruised at 35mph w/ no effort. On the way back it was all we could do to maintain 15mph into the headwind. Then, on the second return trip, ,the guy in front of me goes down, I try to ride over him and can't so I go down. I then had to TT into the wind for the next 4 miles. We then turned North and had monster crosswinds (and snow!) for the final section. Arg. Suffering makes us stronger though, right? Right?
Deer Trail was supposed to be my 1st race of the season, but due to a nimrod move on my part (I thought start was @ 10:30, but it was 10 ) I soloed the course and chalked it up as a training ride. The 12 miles from Agate to w/ a 30mph headwind and snow were the toughest flat 12 miles I've ever done.
"...in Las Vegas where -the electric bills are staggering -the decor hog wild -and the entertainment saccharine -what a golden age -what a time of right and reason -the consumer's king -and unhappiness is treason..."