View Single Post
Old 04-28-08, 02:07 PM
bvfrompc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dark13star
How does traffic do with you on that ride? I have driven that route and the road is narrow. Been thinking about trying it on my bike anyway, but I will wait until it is warmer, if I do.
I only ride it on Sunday mornings so traffic is about as light as it will get. While it is narrow the traffic is generally very light and I haven't had any problems, becuase the first half is pretty tight turns and such, traffic isn't going that fast to begin with. You hear the cars coming before they get near you and just hug the line and I can't remember ever being buzzed or had any close calls.

In the summer, I like to head out around 6am, it is heaven, some mornings I have run across more dear than cars, they can kind of freak you out when they start thrashing through the brush near you.

The trip down is as close to heaven as you can get, the pitch is just about perfect for keeping a steady low 30s and only having to break in the really steep turns, the rest of the time you are just gliding in and out of the wide turns.

I have gone once on a Saturday afternoon, not the same experience at all. Too much traffic and impatient folk.