View Single Post
Old 04-28-08, 07:51 PM
The Octopus 

Bikes: Dolan Forza; IRO Jamie Roy; Giant TCR Comp 1; Specialized Tri-Cross Sport; '91 Cannondale tandem; Fuji Tahoe MTB

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bobbycorno
Completed the Oregon Randonneurs "3 Capes" 300k yesterday. 3rd time doing this route, and it's hands down one of my top 5 favorite rides anywhere. At 14:35, wasn't as fast as last year (13:30) but my off-season and early season training weren't as good this year - no skate skiing over the winter due to no early winter snow, and I was sick the entire month of March, which put a bit of a crimp in the high-volume cycling I usually do then. No bonking, no dehydration, and toward the finish the warp drive really kicked in - covered the last (rolling) 10 miles in half an hour. Woohoo! Here's a link to the course map and profile: http://www.orrandonneurs.org/rba/200...MapProfile.jpg
I, too, was at the Three Capes. (Scott, I think we leap-frogged each other a few times.) If you're looking for brevets to ride around the U.S., I can highly recommend this one. The beauty of the route is spectacular and most of the roads are great for cycling (excepting SR 6, which gets some traffic with folks heading to the shore). Surf on over to the Oregon Randonneurs' web page for reports on the route from previous years and some photos which really don't do the beauty of the capes justice.