Thread: Powergrips
View Single Post
Old 04-29-08, 03:13 PM
Nigeyy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Without a doubt everyone has their own personal preference -you just have to work it out for yourself. Even though I love my clipless pedals, I totally can see they may not be for everyone, and other systems may work better for you.

However, I'd venture to say that the majority of people on this board tend to use clipless pedals, and usually they perform better than other alternatives (not always though!). With this in mind, I'd still recommend you buy some comfortable spd shoes and clipless pedals like the $30 Nashbar ones. If things don't work out, keep the shoes -they will have firm soles -and that will still improve your lot over soft sneakers or heavy hiking boots. Sell the pedals (the most you can lose is $30) and then move onto something else if you feel the need -I think the outlay will balance the risk of what you gain or lose.

But with clipless pedals keep in mind you will fall off with your feet attached to the pedals -most likely in front of a long line of traffic or in front of your neighbours or friends -guaranteed. Be patient -give them a couple of hundred miles at least to make sure you get comfortable with them before passing judgement.