Old 10-08-04, 09:04 PM
sbhikes
Dominatrikes

Bikes: Catrike Pocket, Lightning Thunderbold recumbent, Trek 3000 MTB.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not sure what to expect, but I'm looking forward to it

I've read way back to the archives of this and another forum on recumbents. I'm thoroughly in the dark about what my new bike will really be like.

1. I'll either get super fit from riding all the time or I'll gain 70 lbs because it's too easy.
2. I'll either blow by all the spandex roadies or I'll crawl along like an 80 year old man.
3. I'll either whiz along with a smile on my face or I'll experience leg suck and break my leg.
4. I'll either have all the sweaty 13 year old boys in town admiring me or I'll have daily verbal attacks from just about everybody.
5. People will pity me because they think I have cerebral palsy or they will ask me how fast I can go.
6. I'll either never ride my MTB again or I'll give up and go back to DF riding.
7. I'll either experience blissful comfort like I've never had before or I'll get recumbutt, numb feet and sore knees.

I have no idea what to expect. It's driving me crazy waiting for them to build my bike!

I am pretty sure I won't experience the kind of abuse they guy from Birmingham experiences. Where I live you see every kind of bike and every kind of rider. They rent these surrey bikes with whole families riding in them down at the beach along my commute route. There are also pedi-cabs (bicycle rick-shaws). Homeless guys with hefty bags full of bottles and cans. There's this hippy guy who decorates his bike with ribbons and flowers and all kinds of crap. His bike looks like a boat. I've seen one recumbent guy amongst the thousands of students, poor people without cars and roadies.

I can't wait! Soon I'll be grinning along on my Lightning Thunderbolt. They really do still make them by the way. No problems ordering it from the factory.

Diane