Old 05-01-08, 08:36 AM
baiskeli
unaangalia nini?

Bikes: Jamis Quest (Ultegra components,Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels and Reynods Ouzo Pro Fork), Gary Fisher Tassajara

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Interesting, I'm riding more but not losing weight (actually adding)

Normally, the more I ride the more weight I lose. At this point I have about 60 hours on the bike (15-20 of those on a trainer). Now, I know that is small fry for some people but normally by this time most years I've just barely began riding. So I've been mixing it up (rides to work, easy rides, hills, trying to hang with the hammerheads on saturday group ride etc etc). My average speed has gone up and hills that I used to hate I can just power over or spin (once again, this is relative to my performance in prior years). However, my weight has gone up from 175 lbs to 178lbs. What gives, could this be muscle added or should I look to start actively eating less? I have been down to 162lbs in the past (though even then I didn't feel as strong as I do now). For reference, I am 6 ft tall.

I have a race this Sunday and my aim is to hang with the group but the additional weight I am carrying makes me think the hills are going to hurt.