Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by wahoonc
My biggest beef with air travel is the general hassles involved, weather gets bit crappy...delays, somebody forgets to maintain aircraft...delays, overbooked an aircraft....delays, etc, etc. FWIW my wife works for a major airline as a Sr Flight Attendant, been at it for 25 years. The friendly skies aren't so friendly anymore and have become one big hassle. I still have to fly for work occasionally. The last 2 times I missed important meetings due to delays and cancellations. I would be royally po'ed if I had to miss a couple of vacation days due to crappy service.

We were discussing taking the QM2 over to England later this year...

Aaron
Whereas I enjoy flying ... I look at it as hours and hours of rest and pampering. Where else are you allowed to sit and sleep, watch a movie, and/or read, while being fed periodically, with nothing else to do?? I can't think of any time in recent years at home where I've just sat and watched a movie, I'm usually doing 101 other things with the movie on as background noise. And waiting for my flights gives me the chance to curl up in a chair and read a book ... something I rarely do any other time.