Old 05-03-08, 01:23 AM
Deanster04

Bikes: Cinelli Supercoursa 69, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Mondonico Diamond Extra 05, Coors Light Greg Lemond (built by Scapin) 88, Scapin MTB, Stumpjumper 83, Specialized Stumpjumper M4, Lemond Poprad 2001

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by smd3
I LOVE my eggbeaters! I use the Candy C's on my single speed commuter, the Eggbeater C's on my FS XC bike, the Eggbeater 2TI's on my Niner, and I just put the Quattro SL's on my Casseroll. I have no issues with any of them, except the Quattro's. I have to hunt a bit more, I think it's because the cleat is recessed in a plastic part (on the shoe).

I accidentally put the wrong cleat on the wrong shoe, and it was a pain to unclip, but once I fixed that it was all butter!

I've only had one or two accidental releases on my regular Eggbeaters, when I slammed the pedal on a rock.

Getting in to my Eggbeaters has always been great, unlike the shimano's I switched from. Those things would gum up with mud in no time!

And, as for the Quattro's, I think there's plenty of better road pedals out there, but I wanted to be able to use the shoes and cleats I already had, if I want to.
My story is the same. I switched over to Crank Bros C-Candy for all my bikes except for one commuter where I am using the Quattros. I have a pair of SIDI road shoes that I have had for 8 years that I use with the Quattros...I have a pair of SIDI MTB shoes that I am using for the Candy pedals. I seem to have to hunt a little with the Quattros but once clipped in I have no problems.
Maybe the person with the eggbeaters who is having the problems has the wrong release angle in the setup of the cleats on the shoes???? Any how I love the Crank brother pedals and how easy they are to service.