ChunkyB
Getting Less Chunky

Bikes: 2004 Raleigh SuperCourse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristAir
Mike, good idea. But I think ChunkB outta be a redneck an' hose clamp it. Just kidding.
That's what I'm thinking. Then I can hold onto it while I'm riding and get really aero.

Honestly, I'm planning on taking it to a shop to see if it's really cracked, but I'm pretty sure it is. I'm going to call Raleigh and see if they can do anything for me. I'm kind of amazed at the amount of discussion oh whether or not this is unethical. I don't plan on lying, even though I know the guy that sold it to me and I could just have him return it, but if they want to give me a new frame or give me one on the cheap, then that's their decision. It's not dishonest to ask. In fact, the thought is pretty preposterous if you ask me.

Thanks for all the input. I'll definitely not ride until I know exactly what's going on, and luckily I have an old bike that will serve me just fine until I get it all figured out.

If anyone has a frame collecting dust that they would like to get rid of, PM me. I'd like to learn how to build a bike anyways.