Old 05-04-08, 07:48 PM
HillRider

Bikes: '96 Litespeed Catalyst, '05 Litespeed Firenze, '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '20 Surly Midnight Special, All are 3x10. It is hilly around here!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2026 Post(s)
Liked 1,096 Times in 742 Posts
Originally Posted by Indolent58
Actually you don't even need to buy a new pulley - you just flip the one that's there. I have run Shimano 9sp wheels with Campy 10speed with and without the Shiftmate. Without the Shiftmate it worked fine but was somewhat finicky to adjust. With the Shiftmate it worked flawlessly. I recently went to a 10sp Ultegra cassette and KMC chain, flipped the pulley on the Shiftmate, and the shifting is still flawless.
What rear derailleur do you use? I use a 9-speed Shimano cassette and a Shimano rear derailleur with my Ergo 10-speed brifters. I use a #2 pulley with this set up. Jtek recommends a #3 pulley is used with the same rd and brifters and a 10-speed Shimano cassette.

Does your bike use a Campy rear derailleur along with the Ergo brifters? If so, Jtek recommends a #1 pulley for use with both a 9 and 10-speed Shimano cassette, obviously flipped over for the change. That's why one pulley works both ways for you.