DougG
Road Runner

Bikes: 2017 Felt VR5, 2013 Specialized Crosstrail, 2020 Specialized Vado 4.0

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by pcmike
...That's where I ride... Paint Creek Trail... Clinton River Trail... Macomb Orchard Trail... Addison Oaks Parks... Bald Mountain Recreation Areas. Lots of Rails-to-Trails routes. Stony Creek Metro Park.
Me too! I live just off the Clinton River Trail (in the subdivision where you used to live, pcmike) and am a member of the "Friends" group who helps promote it (and tries to keep the map boxes filled!). So I ride all the trails on my fat-tire bike, but also enjoy burning around Stoney Creek on the road bike. I've probably seen both of you on the road or trails at some time.

One of my favorite early morning rides is to leave from home on my road bike, take the Clinton River Trail (it's rideable on 25mm tires) to the Macomb Orchard Trail on out to 32 Mile Rd. I eat a good breakfast in downtown Romeo and then head back for a 30-mile round-trip that's a great start to the day.

When they finish that bridge over M-53 in a couple of months, you'll be able to do a 60+ mile round trip out to Richmond and back (on a fat-tire bike).

I was hoping to do my first Michigander this year (with Bubba and all), but had a schedule conflict. Maybe I'm destined not to ever do this ride that's interested me since the first year they had it. I signed up for it one time before, and on my first training ride took a fall that put me out of it. But I am signed up for the LMB "Sunrise Adventure" -- a 3-day road event in Rogers City in June. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Last edited by DougG; 05-05-08 at 06:32 AM.