Old 05-06-08, 01:28 PM
ebrady

Bikes: Giant OCR2, Puegeot Altitude 21 MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveM
"I have looked into Open Pro's also, but was told that these have a tendency to crack in the rear wheel" Please you let me know where you got that info from, I've got open pro's and have done about 10'000 miles on then with no issues but now you've got me worried
I got the information from Peter White, he indicated that he would not warranty the wheels due to me weighing in at 225, but Mavic MIGHT, I have not checked into this.

Opinions here and elsewhere regarding the Open Pros are all over the map, from greatest thing since sliced bread, to never buy again. I imagine that they are pretty solid wheel and would make a fine set. However I have decided to trust Peter on this and look into something that HE will warranty.

After a little more research, I decided to give Velocity Aerohead OC's a look. Peter said that these would work well, and the Deep V would be even a little stronger, (but with a slightly higher weight penalty, I figured this out myself, don't bring up the subject of grams with him ). I ended up going with a 36 spoke Deep V in the rear and a 32 spoke AeroHead in the front. I will be doing TOSRV in Ohio this weekend on them and I will give some feedback on how they do.

I appreciate everyone's input regarding this subject, thanks.