View Single Post
Old 05-07-08, 02:47 PM
LittlePixel
Raleigh20 PugFixie, Merc

Bikes: 1982 Raleigh Twenty Hotrod Fixie; 1984 Peugeot Premier Fixie, 2007 Merc Lightweight folder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RelapseBike
Your work and love of the Twenty puts you among the ranks of S.Brown.
Well I don't know about that but thanks for the positive words. It's nice to see so many Twenty fans on the forums these days...

Originally Posted by RelapseBike
For your 520mm mockups, did you only use Photoshop? If so, what filters made them look so well drawn?
Heh... I wish there was a 'Make my Raleigh Twenty look cool' filter... but sadly not - Maybe in the upcoming CS4 version?
Seriously though - I've been a hardened user of Photoshop for about 15 years now for my day job (makes me feel old) so knocking out the odd dream-bike is sort of second nature. They're made with composits of a stripped 20 frame someone posted as an image on here a few years back, Airnimal Wheels/drivetrain/fork and other component images sourced with Google Image search.

I 'cut' them out using layer masks and then the whole thing is colourised using non-destructive colour overlays if that makes any sense? I kinda 'think' natively in Photoshop these days so it's hard to relay every exact step of the process... I welcome more virtual bikes on the forum though...

Huw