Old 05-09-08, 12:24 PM
burbankbiker

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck Fixed Gear

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zoltani
Sorry, but that **** is funny. MAde my day.

Why didn't you sell the car BEFORE leaving LA? You probably could have found a buyer easier than in SF...
Yeah, kudos for taking the time to make that image mod!

I didn't sell it in LA because of a couple factors. The two largest were that I found my apartment one weekend, flew to NYC for a business trip on the monday, returned on the saturday, and moved up on the Sunday. It was a very quick process and getting the truck loaded was more than enough to keep me busy before I moved. But beyond that, part of me wanted the security of knowing that I'd be fine without the car up here. Living in LA, you become so dependent on the car to cover the huge distances and freeway-based geography that while I was 99.9% sure I could ditch the car, I figured it best to move up here and confirm it... while selling the car a month later.

I'm actually going to move the car down to my brother's place in San Mateo this weekend and list it there on craigslist. I'm thinking that advertising a 38MPG car to a community of commuters will be a better target demographic than city dwellers anyway (with the price of gas and all).