View Single Post
Old 05-10-08, 05:09 AM
Dilberto

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 9 Posts
All great advice here. Progression is key to getting in shape. Take on a bunch of smaller hills, and gradually increase the gradient and length. Start small and build-up your endurance. Eat six small meals a day and have tons of energy. Start eating healthy(salads, veggies, fiber, lots of water, etc.) and watch your body weight drop. You'll notice that hill is suddenly a piece of cake.....once you become lighter.

Increase your ride time to one hour- where your body really starts burning-off stored body fat. I just lost 50lbs by changing my diet to healthy, and having only ONE day of junk food per week. I also "rewarded" myself with a 20-pound Cannondale hardtail.....and I am getting even fitter now! But only two years ago- I was strung-out on meth, smoking two packs of cigarettes a day, 65lbs overweight, AND suffering from CHF(congestive heart failure) at age 42. I finally ditched the dope and the smokes, changed my eating habits, and started riding 20 about miles/week.......gradually increasing it up to 100 miles/week. For the first time in my life- I actually have a set of abs. If anything......the girls really like it!!!!

Last edited by Dilberto; 05-10-08 at 06:13 AM.