cyclinfool
gone ride'n

Bikes: Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hammerheads

This morning I was planning to take a long ride to prepare for next Sundays metric - my plan was to ride about 55 miles. I got joined by a group of riders I have ridden with a few times in the past, these guys ride whenever there is no snow on the roads and then on rollers. These guys are fast. Well I did not tell them of my plans, I thought I would tag along and if I didn't have enough when it was over I could keep going. Well it was what I feared - 40 miles of hammering with a mega hill in the middle (I was in my lowest granny and still looking for something lower). They were kind enough to wait for me at the top. At the end I had nothing left to get my miles in - let alone do much else the rest of the day. I did manage get the lawn cut, the flower pots on the front porch planted and the flower beds in front weeded and edged - only 1/2 of what was on my list.

The good things to come out of this:
I found a new climbing route - I actually liked this climb even though it was tough
It was a great workout - I need to keep improving.
It was great training for next weekends metric.
It was good company when they let me keep up...

Oh well - only one of the guys besides I was over 50.

I will ride my 55 tomorrow morning when the girls take mom out to the tulip festival in Albany - this time I will ride at a much more relaxed pace.