Old 05-10-08, 05:35 PM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by bdinger
..but with a silver lining. Yesterday I was riding home from work and attacking a hill on the Hardrock. It had felt "off" all day, then on the hill, suddenly my right leg was moving but my left stopped. I stopped and.. ut oh.. could spin the non-drive side crankarm with my hand separate from the other side. Tried tightening it, no go. The crankarm to BB area was stripped completely!

Ironic part? Earlier that day I had ordered a new Shimano BB and crankset because I knew that side was basically shot, but "should be" okay. Well.. it wasn't . So I walked the 2 miles back to work to get the car, thinking about that irony as other bikes passed me as I walked the bike up the hill, chuckling at the sight and me seething at them climbing mild hills in granny gear.

It gets better! After some talking, today the wife sent me off to the LBS to get "the bike that I deserve". There I put my deposit down on a blue Surly Long Haul Trucker complete, which will be built with the "stock" build, a Brooks B-17, and some Planet Bike fenders! I pick it up Thursday or so, and absolutely can't wait. My LBS, being completely awesome, made me an awesome deal on the accessories so I have a little bit more of them to pick out .

Pics will be coming! Of both the improved and healed Hardrock, and well, the extremely sexy LHT. Man that thing rides like buttah!
Sorry to read of your problems with the Hardrock, Ben. I hope it and the LHT are on the road soon.

Speaking of which, is the Trek 7.3 fx still for sale? I know a Neil in NJ who needs a new bike....