Old 05-10-08, 06:05 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by WhaleOil
I took the 4300 out this a.m. for a ride. I rode to the flower shop to make sure the spring basket would be ready for my boss today. Yes, she's a woman lol. Then I rode around not really going anywhere. Then to the city park which has mtb trails, I didn't make it very far on them once encountering a bunch of sand but did get out in the trees nonetheless. HR maxed @ 170. Rode around some more waiting for the bike shop to open. I made some arrangements for work to be done on the FX, i.e. straight bar, aerobar, fenders, seat post rack etc. When I got home, and only when I got home I looked at the screen...22 miles....

This is a milestone for me! I think I was so used to saying 'OH, it's 10 miles, that's enough!'

Two things were apparent to me. First, I'm not looking at the darn computer anymore; and second, it takes a lot more effort to go the same distance on the 4300 than it does the FX!

A few days ago I hemmed and hawed and decided I would ride the Prouty this year albeit the 25 mile route. This morning after finishing my ride I just felt so much better about it and mapped out a training ride localy to get ready. I've got 2 months. I won't have a problem.

When I get a site @ the Prouty page I'll let you know.

Thank you for your inspiration and help!
I love wander around rides, one thing that can be really cool, is to carry a camera with you, it's neat what you can find on such rides. Cameras and bikes go together like peanut butter and jam, beer and pizza, Lennon and McCartney (figured I should get one in there that isn't food related)