Chris_F
World's slowest cyclist.

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD5 and Cannondale Rush

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Front tire recommendations

I've finally had it with my front tire a Serac XC that came with the bike. I don't know if these tires are any good on other terrain but on New Hampshire's rooty, rock ridden, loose soil they are pretty awful. I replaced the rear almost as soon as I got the bike with my old WTB Velociraptor from my last bike. I love that tire BTW.

Any recommendations (26")? I'm tempted to just get the front version of the Velociraptor but decided to check here first. I ride XC singletrack on a Cannondale Rush on New England trails. No racing for me, I am after all the world's slowest cyclist (although lately I've been riding fast enough that my reputation may be in danger). Order of priority for me would be turning grip as a primary concern, braking grip following close behind, price, then puncture resistance. Weight is a non-issue and rolling resistance isn't a huge concern. The tires will see very little or no on-pavement use.

I'll spend $30 without much thought, $40 and I start to itch a little. $50 is probably out of the question.

Last edited by Chris_F; 05-12-08 at 09:39 AM.