Old 05-12-08, 09:53 AM
DTSCDS
"Fred"--is that bad?

Bikes: Felt f85 (11); Trek 7.3 FX (07); Schwinn Super Sport (86); Specialized Rockhopper (87)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is what I have:
As far as the pedals go, I got these: Shimano M324 They have the SPD clips on one side and regular platforms on the other. Sometimes when I ride I am hitting stopsigns or traffic lights every block or two so the constant clipping and unclipping can be a pain. It is much easier to just use the platform side until I can get a longer, stop-free stretch where I will clip in.
For shoes I went with these: Shimano M122. I didn't want anything with laces since I have painful memories of my junior-high days and getting a shoelace caught in the chainring and it sending my onto the top bar. I still have occasional nightmares!
I also like that these are a bit bigger which works with my extra large, extra wide feet! The LBM had a pretty nice, 35% off sale on Nike road shoes but I couldn't find anything I could wedge my feet in. They suggested Shimano since apparently they run a bit wide. These fit great. I would rather have some with the ratchet style top strap but I am happy with these and they are more bullet-proof.