Old 05-12-08, 10:48 AM
nekohime
I... Don't care.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by My Dad
DO NOT buy the Kent Ultralite folder. It is a completely cheap and cheap looking bike.

Do NOT buy the Dahon Boardwalk It is a single speed and is very heavy. And if you are under 6'0" you will find it terribly uncomfortable and annoying since the handle bar and stem are one piece of metal and cannot be lowered to be leveV with the seat position.

Dahon D7 is what you want.
Well, I have the Kent Ultralite, and I agree that it is cheap. Cheap components, cheap everything. It's not so cheap looking though--most people who are not in the know estimate it at 350+. When I say I got it for $150, their jaws drop. And well, it was the only thing I could afford at the time, and it serves its purpose. I like it well enough, but if I had more money I'd definitely gloss over this one.

The Dahon Boardwalk has a 6-speed version. The single-speed isn't that good for LA and our hills, but if you feel masochistic, or if your commute is in a relatively flat area, then it's perfectly fine.