Old 05-12-08, 08:50 PM
Ducky

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is this normal for a new bike?

I noticed this a couple days ago...

When moving my bike in my truck, which is the only place i can even think it would get chiiped like that (but cant see HOW) it lays on a padded carpet I have in the bed of my truck. I am very careful to gently set the front fork down on the ground when removing the tire for transport.... however these chips dont seem to add up.. this normal?

This is one of the BIG reasons why I am considering painting the bike this winter.. Maybe color match it with my truck, and add some Trek stickers or something... but these chips actually bother me.

Also, my front tire doesnt 'spin' freely and slow to a 'free' stop if you know what I mean. seems the pads are rubbing, I have adjusted them myself about 4x now, and they continue to come out of 'adjustment' and rub the rim... Though, my other thought was the rim may be bent... but it doesnt look it to me, and Again, I dont see how that possible being the bike is 6days old, and I have been VERY gentle with it. no going down, or up curbs, mainly riding in the street, avoiding the bumps (my body doesnt like jarring) So I dunno....