Thread: Happy w/Garmin
View Single Post
Old 05-13-08, 04:58 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR
Thanks for the input everyone! It still sounds like they have a few things to work out and get right, but that it's mostly there. I don't have a Mac, so that part's not good for me.

So, I guess I'm still on the fence, but I will seek out the advice/Garmin war stories from riders in my club and see what they have to say. And/or maybe give Garmin another year or two to get it right.

Personally, I'm not all that interested in the cadence and heart rate functions, but more the altitude climbed and current % grade. Are those two features working okay for everyone? Not sure which models have that feature, but I would get the one that did!

Rick / OCRR

Rick-the grade and climbing on my 305 seem very, very accurate. Before the 305 I had a Ciclosport that also had grade, altitude and feet climbed and it was pretty accurate. It uses the barometric measuring and as long as you don't have a front that moves through while you're riding it does really well.........for less than half the cost. Mine also provided temperature which I found handy on some rides.